The world's largest newsstand is available at Harford County Public Library!
- Complete Digital Magazines
- Thousands of Publications
- Simultaneous Access
- Easily Viewed on Any Internet-Enabled Device
Zinio-for people who love magazines!
Harford County Public Library has partnered with Recorded Books and Zinio to provide downloadable magazines for free to Harford County Public Library cardholders. You can download and read these magazines on your home computer or smart device. To use this service, two accounts will need to be created:
- You will need to set up a RBDigital Gateway account for borrowing from the library
- You will need an account on Zinio’s website for managing your personal reading list.
- You may use the same email and password fo your RBDigital Gateway account and your separate Zinio account to avoid confusion.
Note: When you create an account to log in to the RBDigital Gateway, you will have access to both products available in the RBDigital Gateway: Zinio and Indieflix.
Please note that not all Zinio magazines are free to library users. Only magazines which you check out via the RBDigital Gateway Zinio site will be free. Magazines accessed from the full Zinio site will prompt you for payment. Check out the List of magazines available free through the Harford County Public Library.
- Connect to Harford County Public Library’s RB Digital Gateway
- Log into Zinio: use the links in the upper right-hand corner to create an account or login to an existing RBDigital Gateway Zinio account.
- Now you are set to browse for magazines. Click on any issue you would like to read. Log into your RBDigital Gateway account or click on “Create a Zinio Account” in order to complete the check out and to store the magazine in your library on the full Zinio site.
- Now you are set to read your magazines once you have checked them out via your RBDigital Gateway Zinio account and have logged into your Zinio account. Click on “Your Library” to read your magazines right through your browser OR download the app for Ipad, Android, PC/MAC, Win 8, Nook HD and HD+ or Kindle Fire/HD devices so the magazine can be downloaded and read offline.
Help and Additional Information:
- Zinio’s Help Page includes a Tutorial Video and User Guides and a full list of Zinio Approved Devices.
- Check here for instructions for the Kindle Fire/HD
- For more FAQ’s check here