Passport Acceptance Facility
As a convenience to the community, Harford County Public Library System's (HCPL) Bel Air Branch Library accepts passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. Here are the facts at a glance. For more details, click the links.
100 E. Pennsylvania Ave
Bel Air, MD 21014
TDD: 410-838-3371 (Hearing Impaired)
- Monday through Thursday from 3-7 pm
- Friday and Saturday from 10 am-4 pm
- No appointment necessary, but please be aware that the Passport office is very busy. It takes time to complete the application process and the staff are only able to complete as many applicants as time allows. This may cause a wait during peak times on Saturdays and in the evenings, with wait times being an hour or more. Please be patient. We will provide you with a pager so you may wait any place within the library. We encourage you to use the time to read a paper or magazine or catch up on email! Please also be aware that if you come during the later hours of the day, your application may not be processed.
Services Offered at the Bel Air Branch:
- Passport Book and Card Application Acceptance (A passport card can only be used to re-enter the United States at land border-crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda.)
- Passport Photograph, Expedited, and Renewal Services
- The applicant, including infants and children, must be present.
- Proof of citizenship - Example: an original birth certificate issued by the government (featuring an official seal, signature, and names of both parents). Hospital certificates and photocopies are not accepted); a Naturalization Certificate; a previous U.S. passport. A Permanent Resident Card is also required for children of Naturalized parent.
- Current proof of identity - Example: valid driver's license/State ID/Government or Military ID.
- At least 2 checks or money orders - The application processing fee and the execution fee are paid separately. HCPL fees for all applications can be paid by one payment: DOS fees must be paid PER APPLICATION.
- A completed, UNSIGNED application - Passport Application DS-11 must contain no cross-outs, white-out, or errors of any kind and must be completed in BLACK ink.
- 1 color passport photograph, two-inches square, taken within the last six months, sharp focus with a white background. These may be taken at the library for $15.
- Any previous U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card, unless it was lost or stolen. Please bring evidence in support of a name change, if applicable.
- Two parents with proof of relationship for applicants age 0-15; or a parent with a notarized consent form DS-3053 and copy of both sides of non-appearing parent's ID. Proof includes birth certificates and adoption papers.
- One parent for minors 16-17.
|Passport Services||Passport Processing Fee: Check or money order payable to the Department of State||Execution/Service Fee:
Check Payable to Harford County Public Library
|Adult (age 16 and over)|
|Juvenile (age 15 and under)|
|Expedited Service* (per application if requested)||+$60|
Color Passport Photo
Process Adult Renewal (DS-82)
*The average wait for a passport is 4 - 6 weeks. To expedite service please add $60 to the standard processing fees for faster service. For updated information regarding regular and expedited wait times go to: http://travel.state.gov
Harford County Public Library returned check fee is $25.
ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Please note that Execution Fees are the same at all Passport Acceptance Facilities
General passport information
For application forms, full documentation requirements, fees, and travel warnings, visit the U.S. Department of State web site or call 877-487-2778.