Edgewood Branch

Get Directions

Address & Contact

629 Edgewood Road
Edgewood, MD 21040
Phone: 410-612-1600
Fax: 410-612-1602

Branch Hours

Mon & Wed10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tue & Thu1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Fri & Sat10:00 am - 5:00 pm

Drive-Thru Hours

Mon – Thu4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Fri4:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Branch Manager

Susan Deeney

Upcoming Programs

Search for upcoming programs at the Edgewood Branch

Prior to 1962, the Edgewood community was served by Harford County Public Library’s bookmobile through weekly stops at the corner of Hanson and Tupelo Roads. The First District Civic League, under the direction of its chair, John DeSoto, petitioned the county to provide a permanent local branch library. County Commissioners authorized the Library Board of Trustees to employ architects Alex Shaw and Lawrence Ewald to draw up plans for the Edgewood Branch. The groundbreaking ceremony was held in June 1962 at the Hanson Road lot donated by R. Walter Ward and Melvin Bosely of the Ward and Bosely Real Estate Firm. On December 15, 1963, the library officially opened, providing a 3,200 square foot facility.

In 1979, the architectural firm of Gray-Acet completed a 4,020 square foot addition. In 1996, plans began for an additional renovation and expansion of the branch. The project proposed an addition of approximately 7,000 square feet and renovation of the existing facility. The groundbreaking for this renovation was held in November 1999. The construction project was completed and the branch reopened on February 12, 2001, providing a 16,500 square foot library.

The current branch represents a collaborative effort between Harford County Public Library and Harford Community College, housing two computer classrooms and one traditional classroom. The spacious library facility offers drive-up window service, ample access to public computers, and a community meeting room with a capacity for 100 people. For many in the community, the Edgewood Branch Library is their only point of access to computers and the Internet.

With a rich diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds, the Edgewood community serves as the host of multiple strengths for Harford County including its open space parks and many community service organizations that provide value to the area, including the Edgewood Senior Center, Edgewood Boys and Girls Club and the Edgewood Farmers Market.

The Edgewood Branch Library has been a strong presence in the community since 1962. In 2001, the newly renovated and expanded branch facility opened for business, providing a 16,500 square foot facility. This spacious facility offers drive–up window service, ample access to public computers, and a community meeting room with capacity for 125 people.

The Branch offers programs for all ages, including book discussion groups held at the Edgewood Senior Center. Plan to attend our wide variety of programs and activities.

Younger children may attend It’s Story Time at 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday. Babies and toddlers may attend a special story time for them on Fridays. There are also various special programs held throughout the year.

© 2013 Harford County Public Library - Access, Information, Service, Anytime, Anywhere

1221-A Brass Mill Road, Belcamp, MD 21017
410-638-3151 (Information)
410-273-5600, 410-575-6761 or 410-838-3749 (Administration)
Please contact us for customer service.

Website Accessibility Statement

Acerca de los Derechos y Deberes de los usuarios de la biblioteca