Communities Thrive @ Your Library
How much value does the library provide you?
Articles of Interest
There are no public hearings at this time. We thank you for your support. To learn more about the exciting Havre de Grace building project please Click Here
FY 2013 Estimated Value of HCPL Service
|Quantity||Library Services||Retail Value||Value of Services|
|1,018,442||Adult Books Borrowed||$20.00||$20,368,840|
|997,601||Children’s Books Borrowed||$20.00||$19,952,020|
|154,977||Audio Material Borrowed||$15.00||$2,324,655|
|152,372||Electronic Books Borrowed||$20.00||$3,047,440|
|885||Little Leaper Kits Borrowed||$189.00||$167,265|
|335||Meeting Room Use||$100.00||$33,500|
|52,301||Adult Program Attendees||$16.00||$836,816|
|144,910||Kid’s/Teen Program Attendees||$15.78||$2,286,680|
|416,473||Hours of Computer Use||$12.60||$5,247,560|
|515,534||Customer Queries Answered||$7.00||$3,608,738|
Interactive Library Use Value Calculator
What is your library worth to you? How much would you pay out-of-pocket for your library services?
- Enter the average number of times per month you or your family use each service.
- Click "Calculate" to find the estimated retail value of your library use!
Note: The values used above are based on the estimated retail value of the materials or services, with research from the Maine and Massachusetts State Libraries and HCPL staff.
MLA Capwiz Legislative Action Center
Some Harford County Public Library Facts (FY12)
- Harford County Public Library offers customers an array of free resources including books, eBooks, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, computer use, author presentations and programs for all ages
- People searching for jobs are using the Library to complete job applications, fax resumes, submit applications online, create email accounts, search health information and get tax information assistance and forms
- 1,892426 customers walked through our doors
- 10,536,127 people made virtual visits to the library and used our website
- 4,110,684 items were borrowed from the library
- 197,211 babies through adults attended library programs
- 515,534 questions were answered by Librarians
- 31,086 volunteer hours were donated to support the efforts of the Library