Click here to schedule your appointment.
Norrisville Branch History
Harford County Public Library has served the Norrisville community since 1947. In the early years the rural area was visited by a bookmobile. It was not until 1985 that fixed library service came to the community when Harford County Public Library established a deposit collection in a former bookmobile parked on the grounds of Norrisville Elementary School.
On September 16, 1987 the students of Norrisville Elementary School and Harford County Public Library made history when they became the first public school in the nation to register and issue borrower's cards to every child in one school. In October 1990 the Norrisville Reading Center opened when the deposit library moved from the bookmobile to a nearby building on Norrisville Road.
In December 1997 the Library Board of Trustees dedicated the Norrisville Branch at 5310 Norrisville Road near the place where the original bookmobile stood. And on February 1, 2003 the grand opening of the new full-service Norrisville Library and Recreation Center at 5310 Norrisville Road took place. The center is a joint venture between Harford County Department of Parks & Recreation and Harford County Public Library.
Norrisville is a close-knit farming and rural community with strong family ties. Many residents go back generations. The community includes such prominent and beautiful features as the historic Amoss Mill, Ivory Mill, Eden Mill Parks and Nature Center, and a satellite portion of Rocks State Park. These features make this area a recreational destination for residents of the county.
The Norrisville Branch serves over 2,100 customers each month in its 13,000 sq/ft facility. There are separate areas the children and adult collection and customers have access to 15 public computers. Norrisville also has a joint facility 626 sq/ft multi-purpose meeting room. The meeting room is available for booking for both profit and non-profit organizations.
Branch Square Footage: 4,525