Communities Thrive @ Your Library
No scheduled public hearings for library issues at this time.
How much value does the library provide you?
Tell your story about the Harford County Public Library! Leave a comment on Facebook, Twitter, or via e-mail. We want to hear what your library means to you.
Articles of Interest
FY 2019 Value of Select Library Services*
|Quantity||Library Services||Retail Value||Value of Services|
|818,627||Adult Books Borrowed||$20.00||$16,372,540|
|821,516||Children’s Books Borrowed||$20.00||$16,430,320|
|576,923||Digital Materials Borrowed||$20.00||$11,538,460|
|68,355||Music CDs Borrowed||$15.00||$1,025,325|
|77,078||Audiobooks on CD Borrowed||$35.00||$2,697,730|
|1,553||Little Leaper Kits Borrowed||$189.00||$293,517|
|3,841||LEAP Kits Borrowed||$110.00||$422,510|
|5,216||LSC Kits Borrowed||$150.00||$782,400|
|13,869||LSC Toys Borrowed||$25.00||$346,725|
|2,689||American Girl Dolls Borrowed||$147.00||$395,283|
|1,958||Superhero Kits Borrowed||$50.00||$97,900|
|513||Meeting Room Use||$100.00||$51,300|
|85,059||Online Class Attendees||$144.00||$12,248,496|
|233,095||Hours of Computer Use||$12.60||$2,936,997|
|464,007||Customer Queries Answered||$7.00||$3,248,049|
*The values above are based on the estimated retail value of the materials or services
Interactive Library Use Value Calculator
What is your library worth to you? How much would you pay out-of-pocket for your library services?
- Enter the average number of times per month you or your family use each service.
- Click "Calculate" to find the estimated retail value of your library use!
Note: The values used above are based on the estimated retail value of the materials or services, with research from the Maine and Massachusetts State Libraries and HCPL staff.
Maryland Library Association (MLA) Legislative Action Center
Share your story about the value of libraries
Some Harford County Public Library Facts (FY20)
Harford County Public Library offers customers an array of free resources including books, eBooks, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, computer use, author presentations and programs for all ages
People searching for jobs are using the Library to complete job applications, fax resumes, submit applications online, create email accounts, and search health information
- 1,054,717 customers visited our branches by walking in, or using our convenient drive-through service
- 8,697,253 people made virtual visits to the library, used our website and our new library app
- 2,646,019 items were borrowed from the library
- 317,988 babies through adults attended library programs
- 370,397 questions were answered by Librarians
- 20,230 volunteer hours were donated to support the efforts of the Library